- Applicants must be registered as a Medical Doctor with the HPCSA.
- Candidates should be all-round GP clinicians with obstetrical experience.
- They should have solid knowledge of HIV/AIDS, TB and Primary Health Care issues and ARV treatment.
- Competencies (Skills, knowledge) speci
- B.Radiography diagnostic/diploma radiography/B.Tech;
- Minimum of two years relevant experience;
- Experience working in a rural area will be an advantage;
- General diagnostic radiography;
- Pattern recognition;
- Quality assurance;<
Barker PM, Venter F. Setting district-based annual targets for HAART and PMTCT - a first step in planning effective intervention for the HIV/AIDS epidemic. S Afr Med J. 2007 Oct;97(10):916-7.
An Economic Evaluation of the Impact of Widespread Antiretroviral Treatment on Secondary Hospitals in South Africa: Case Study of the GF Jooste Hospital Antiretroviral Referral Unit
This research presents a partial economic evaluation of the current and anticipated impact of widespread antiretroviral treatment on the secondary hospital system in South Africa. The evaluation encompasses the treatment and care of HIV-positive inpatients and outpatients on or preparing for highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) at the secondary level. This study was conducted based on analysis of the Antiretroviral Referral Unit at GF Jooste Hospital during March 2005, and utilises a combination of current and retrospective data sets.