Mapping of HIV/AIDS Services and Resources in South Africa (Archived)
The overall aim of the project is to describe and analyse the provision, planning and management of HIV/AIDS at sub district level. This information will lead to improvement in the availability, effectiveness and equitable distribution of HIV/AIDS services and resources in South Africa.
At sub district level to:
- Describe the provision, planning and management of HIV/AIDS services focusing on the public, private and civil society
- Identify and demonstrate gaps in the provision, planning and management of HIV/AIDS services and recommend strategies to meet bridge identified gaps
- Assess the degree of intersectoral collaboration
At national and provincial level to:
- Demonstrate the flow of resources and funds generated at international, national and provincial level down to the sub district level for service provision
- Demonstrate the variations in the resource base of HIV/AIDS services between different sub-districts
As a pilot project, this exercise will be conducted in one sub district per province. Data will be collected from the public sector, private sector and the civil society.
Outputs and outcomes of the project will be:
A demonstration of the variations in the resource base of HIV/AIDS services between different sub-districts
A clearer picture of how public and private HIV/AIDS resources and funds that are generated at an international, national and provincial level flow down to the sub-district level of service delivery
A tool and framework to assist provincial and national managers to more easily identify gaps in the provision of HIV/AIDS services.
Funded by the Ireland Government