Copy and Content Editor: SA SURE Plus Project
Health Systems Strengtheing Unit (HSS)
Copy and Content Editor
SA SURE Plus Project
- To review and edit all SA SURE Plus publications, reports and other electronic and hard copy information.
- To assemble information and craft appropriate narrative accounts to capture the essence of the project’s work.
- To ensure all project texts due for publication are well written, grammatically correct and adhere to HST’s conventions of form and style.
- To support the building of writing capacity within the project.
Qualification and experience
- Three years’ editorial experience, including feature technical writing and analysis.
- Editing experience in the health and/or NGO fields will be an advantage.
- Excellent writing and editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to understand complex subjects and explain them clearly to different types of readers and audiences
- Ability to prioritise and work on several diverse publications/projects simultaneously, utilising time management and project process skills for planning, co-ordination, evaluation and reporting
- Proficient computer literacy, covering MS Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint), Internet, and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to work in a busy environment, liaising with people at all levels, internally and externally.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to guide others and to provide and receive constructive criticism
- Ability to cope with pressure and setbacks
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Strong work ethic, with a commitment to meeting work objectives within tight
A salary package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications and in line with HST’s Job Grading System will be offered.
Interested applicants should forward a detailed CV, stating the position applied for, together with the names and contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three contactable referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shortlisted candidates will be requested to submit certified copies of all qualifications and identitydocuments.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- E-mail users are requested to set the delivery option of their message on both “Return Receipt” and “Confirm Delivery”.
- Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
- All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to reference and credential checks.
- If you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
- HST reserves the right to not fill this position.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 3 March 2017
HEALTH SYSTEMS TRUST PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT EQUITY.