A central activity of HST through its Healthlink Cluster is information dissemination, communication and advocacy with a particular focus on equity issues.
- Post-graduate qualification in Public Health or Social Sciences (or equivalent) and management qualifications and experience
- At least ten years' experience in public health and/or communications in the public health sector or NGO environment
Key Responsibility Areas
- To provide leadership to Healthlink with the design, resourcing and implementation of projects
- Overall leadership and management of the cluster including
- Planning and budgeting
- Fundraising, including proposal development
- Management of relationships with funders and stakeholders
- Management of project managers and staff
- Manage electronic information dissemination activities
- Manage HST publications including the South African Health Review and Annual Report
- Manage Healthlink Projects including the South African Equity Gauge
- Ensure collaboration between the HST clusters
- Represent HST in public forums/meetings/conferences
- Contribute to the overall leadership of HST as a member of the Executive Team
A salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications and in line with HST's Job grading will be offered to the successful candidate. Prospective applicants should be prepared to travel throughout South Africa and preferably be based in Durban .
A detailed CV with names and contact details of at least three references should be sent to Jurie Thaver at the Durban Head Office, PO Box 808 , Durban , 4000.
Fax: 031-304 0775 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 20 February 2006
The Health Systems Trust supports Employment Equity