Pretoria, Durban, Kimberley, Pietermaritzburg, Cape Town
Job Purpose: To assist with the implementation of HIS / M&E projects that aim to support the development of effective and efficient health information systems.
- Contribute to the improvement of HIS and M&E activities within National & Provincial Departments of Health
- Participate in the development of standard training materials for M&E
- Development and sharing of technical skills in DHIS software within HST and external interest groups
- Assist with the compilation of project reports
- Document and present lessons learnt at provincial and national levels
- Participate in the preparation of publications
- Working in partnership with existing HMIS facilitators at National and Provincial Departments of Health (possible rotation for optimal exposure).
Requirements: An appropriate degree (or equivalent) in Health or Social Science.
Competencies and Personal attributes:
- Computer literate (internet, e-mail, MS Office programs)
- Good writing and communication skills
- Facilitation skills
- Valid Driver&rsquos Licence
- Keen to acquire new skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently with some support
- Commitment to Equity and respect for cultural diversity
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Open to self-growth.
APPLICATIONS / ENQUIRIES:
A detailed CV with names and contact details (preferably email addresses) of at least three referees should be sent to:
Ms Jurie Thaver at the Durban Head Office,
P.O. Box 808, Durban, 4000.
Fax: 031-3040775 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 14 April 2006
Should you not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. HST reserves the right not to make an appointment.
THE HEALTH SYSTEMS TRUST SUPPORTS EMPLOYMENT EQUITY