Responsibilities: To support the Chris Hani District Municipality in :-
- Ensuring ownership guidance and support from District and Local Service Area managers and other key stakeholders in the implementation of functional integration
- Strengthening capacity and systems to enable managers to use information effectively
- Supporting the use of information for LSA, district and provincial planning and reports
- Linking information systems to quality assurance processes
- Documentation of successful interventions
- Appropriate degree or equivalent in health systems development
- Three (3) years experience in relevant field
- Facilitation skills
- Good writing and communication skills (computer literacy)
- Knowledge of Primary Health Care, district system development, local government, health information systems and priority health problems (TB, STI, Child Health,VCT)
- Knowledge of Nguni language and culture will be an advantage
- Ideally live in the Chris Hani District Municipality or in convenient travelling distance, drive and own car.
Remuneration: A total package of R151, 247 to R226,869 p.a. commensurate with experience and qualifications and in line with the HSTs Job Grading System.
This is a 1-year CONTRACT position, which will be reviewed annually depending on future needs.
The incumbent should be prepared to travel substantially to the Local Service Areas.
Applications : A detailed CV with names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably email addresses) should be sent to:
Jurie Thaver at the Durban Head Office
PO Box 808, Durban, 4000
Fax: 031-3040775 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 20 May 2005
Should you not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. HST reserves the right not to make an appointment
THE HEALTH SYSTEMS TRUST SUPPORTS EMPLOYMENT EQUITY