Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Reporting to: Senior Program Associate, Reproductive Health
Salary: Depends on experience and qualifications
Assignment Length: One year
JOB DESCRIPTION AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up and maintain RH program files and databases
- Provide administrative support for all Reproductive Health (RH) projects, including sending faxes, mail, handling overseas telephone calls, photocopying, keeping log, and coordination of ordering supplies
- Format, draft, and edit, as appropriate, proposals and reports in preparation for printing
- Distribute reports to the RH mailing list
- Assist with preparation and monitoring of budgets for in-house projects
- Respond to requests for information on project activities
- Format slide presentations, charts, tables and graphs using PowerPoint
- Organize travel for Johannesburg, NY, and other Council staff, as well as consultants
- Organize meeting/conferences
- Assist with data management and other project related activities
- Any other duties or related responsibilities assigned by supervisor
- Make requests and follow up with Office Manager for purchase of equipment and materials
- In consultation with Office Manager, ensure that all RH program activities comply with Council administrative procedures
- Maintain lists of partners, presentations and meetings for RH programs.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Proficiency with computer applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated skills in desktop publishing programs, such as PageMaker
- Good organizational skills and ability to work well with people, especially as a member of a team
- Substantial experience in administrative support functions and management of project finances
- Able to wok independently and a self starter
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A bachelor&rsquos degree or equivalent
An interest in RH or women&rsquos health will be an advantage, but not necessarily a requirement.
If you are interested , please forward your CV and a letter of interest by 25 January 2008 to :
Finance and Human Resources
Or email to: Jobadvert.Joburg@popcouncil.org Or email@example.com
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Population Council is a an international non-profit, non-governmental organization that seeks to improve the well&ndashbeing and reproductive health of current and future generations around the world. The Council believes in providing equal opportunities, therefore it will not discriminate against any person with regard to age, color, creed, national origin, disability, political belief, veteran status, religion, sex or sexual orientation. Decisions on employment will be based on an individual&rsquos qualifications as related to the position for which s/he is being considered.