Position Purpose: To provide a supportive and administrative role for various activities within HIV/AIDS Programs
Structure: Reports to Senior Program Officer HIV/AIDS
Nature of Employment: 1 year Fixed-Term Contract
KEY PERFOMANCE AREAS
- Provide support in the development of project related proposals and reports.
- Maintain database of stakeholders , facilitate planning and implementation of dissemination activities.
- Coordinating and monitoring the administrative aspects of all HIV/AIDs Programs in South Africa.
- Develop and maintain project plan, project files and databases.
- Coordinate logistics for the implementation of research activities.
- Process and distribute budget reports, expense reports, trip reports and other supporting project documents.
- Assist with the preparation and monitoring budgets for project activities.
- Draft routine correspondence including responding to requests for information on all HIV/AIDS program activities.
- Assist with the processing and monitoring of sub awards to ensure timely submission of financial and narrative reports by sub-contracted partners
- Assist in data entry and data management.
- Maintain close relationships and provide support to Local Partners
- Assist the Program Officers with the development and implementation of the study including development of research tools
- Facilitate and monitor field activities with Local Partners.
- Facilitate feedback between project sites and the team.
- Work closely with a Consultant to ensure that training activities are conducted in a timely manner.
- Develop and format PowerPoint presentations, Ms-excel, Ms-word, charts and graphs.
- Oversee the orderly maintenance of the resources room and resource material displayed in the office?
- Liaise with HIV/AIDS staff from the headquarters and other offices.
- Assist with the ordering of office supplies
- Organize and manage meetings and conferences
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role
- Background in HIV/AIDS programs and the legislation
- Experience in NGO, donor funding particularly PEPFAR
- Excellent communications skills
- Basic project management
- Proficiency with computer applications including Microsoft
office suite, internet, epi info/data.
Candidates whose profile matches the requirements are invited to apply by submitting an application letter together with a CV to Mr. Kelvin Chabala at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receiving applications will be the 26 September 2008, and no late applications will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Should you not hear from us by the 15 October 2008, please consider your application unsuccessful.