(1 year contract renewable depending on performance and/or need for position)
LOCATION :Gauteng (50% travelling time required)
JOB PURPOSE: To manage STI projects (or components of the projects) in specific SADC countries and to ensure that research goals and objectives are met within the project timeframes.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Co-ordinate research activities including operational research at the different project sites.
- Conduct initial baseline and needs assessments at the different sites including identifying local key stakeholders and setting up project steering committees at the different project sites.
- Co-ordinate activities aimed at strengthening service delivery at the project sites.
- Facilitate service providers at the different sites to conduct on-going assessments of quality of services and to implement remedial plans to address identified problem areas.
- Co-ordinate improvement of service delivery with local and national stakeholders.
- Supervise and support other research staff, including sub-contracted staff or local researchers.
- Participate in co-ordinating other project components i.e. training and surveillance.
- Liaise with national policy-makers and health service managers.
- Ensure effective implementation of the management information systems for the project at the different sites.
- Medical (or related) qualification and a Masters qualification in public health
- At least five (5) years experience in public health, including research
- Previous interest and experience in the field of HIV and STDs
REMUNERATION: A salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications and in line with the HSTs Job grading will be offered to the successful
APPLICATIONS/ ENQUIRIES: A detailed CV with names and contact details of at least two references should be sent to
Jurie Thaver at the Durban Head Office,
PO Box 808,
Fax: 031-3040775 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications : 25 February 2005
THE HEALTH SYSTEMS TRUST SUPPORTS EMPLOYMENT EQUITY