KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Develop and strengthen HST&rsquos capacity to conduct research in a technical area or fieldof work
- Assist in securing funding to undertake research projects within the field of work
- Manage the projects undertaken &ndash this includes conceptualisation and planning of the project, management of financial and human resources, dissemination of findings and ensuring that reporting requirements are met
- Provide technical assistance to HST programmes and staff, as well as to other role-players where appropriate.
A university degree in Health Sciences and at least a Master&rsquos qualification or similar qualification in the field of health or social sciences. A PhD or other management qualifications will be considered an advantage.
Seven (7) years experience in the field of health systems, health care delivery and health systems research and project management experience are essential.
- Intellectual - Strategic and analytic ability to make appropriate judgements
- Organisational - planning, project management, communication and networking
- Technical - Research methodology and design (qualitative and quantitative), Epidemiology, basic statistics, knowledge and understanding of the health system andof public health, health economics
- Good writing and communication skills
- Information Technology &ndash Advanced skills in Epi-info, STATA (or similar), word processing, e-mail and spreadsheet (especially MS Excel) are very important
- Financial &ndash budgeting and financial reporting skills.
A salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications and in line with the HST&rsquos Job Grading will be offered to the successful candidate.
APPLICATIONS / ENQUIRIES:
Applications should be sent in an electronic format with a detailed CV including names and contact details of at least three references (with email addresses). These should be sent to
Human Resources Department
at the Durban Head Office
P.O. Box 808, Durban, 4000
Tel: 031- 307 2954 Fax: 031-304 0775
Closing date for applications: 15 December 2008
Should you not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. HST reserves the right not to make an appointment.
THE HEALTH SYSTEMS TRUST SUPPORTS EMPLOYMENT EQUITY