Health Systems Research Unit, MRC
The position will involve provision of technical support and facilitation to district management teams
regarding monitoring and quality improvement of routine data for the PMTCT
programme. It will require close collaboration with the provincial and district
maternal and child health team. The ideal candidate must be driven towards
improving the quality of routine health information for maternal and child health
The position requires an individual with skills in project management and monitoring and evaluation and experience with district health systems. In addition to the above-mentioned, the ideal candidate must have:
- a Masters Degree in Public Health
- a minimum 3 years experience
- registration for PhD will be advantageous
- experience in monitoring and evaluation and use of routine health information
- computer literacy and knowledge of MS Word, Excel and the DHIS
- capacity to work collaboratively in teams
- sound verbal and written communication skills
- presentation skills
- ability to show leadership and to provide supervision
- valid drivers licence and willingness to travel around KZN province.
A cost-to-company remuneration package of between R289 000 R352 000 per
annum, will be negotiated in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Written applications, including a comprehensive CV and certified copies of
formal qualifications, should be directed to Ms Elsie Venter or Ms Glenda Schroeder,
Human Capital Management Division, MRC, PO Box 19070, Tygerberg 7505 or
fax: (021) 938-0829. Email can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 20 June 2008.
Should no feedback be received within 30 days of the closing date, kindly
consider your application as unsuccessful.
The MRC retains the right not to make an appointment.
The MRC fully subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and these
principles will be applied in the appointment for this position.
Disabled persons are welcome to apply.