HEALTH SYSTEMS TRUST: Initiative for Sub-District Support
Vacancy For a Site Facilitator
The Health Systems Trust is a Non-Governmental Organisation which is a Key role-player in facilitating Health Sector Reform.
We are seeking to appoint a full-time Facilitator to support the district management team in
District 27 (Ingwavuma/Jozini district, KwaZulu - Natal) in implementing comprehensive primary health care within a decentralised system.
Responsibilities: Support the district in :-
- Identifying and defining priority health problems at the district level
- Designing and implementing appropriate intervention strategies to address identified problems
- Building an appropriate skills base at the local level
- Sharing the benefits and lessons learnt with neighboring and other ISDS sites
- Supporting the transition to local government
- Documentation of successful interventions
- Appropriate university degree or equivalent in health development
- Three (3) to Five (5) years experience in relevant field.
- Facilitation skills
- Good writing and communicaton skills
- Research and evaluation skills
- Knowledge of Primary Health Care, district system development, local government and priority health problems
- Knowledge of a Nguni language and culture will be an advantage
A salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications and in line with the HST's Job grading
This is a 1-year CONTRACT position, which will be reviewed annually depending on future needs.
The incumbent should be prepared to travel, as she/he will be based in either the Durban or the Johannesburg HST office
A detailed CV with names and contact details of at least two references should be sent to Dawn McDonald at the Durban Head Office, PO Box 808, Durban- 4000.
Fax: 031-3040775. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 1 June 2001
THE HEALTH SYSTEMS TRUST SUPPORTS EMPLOYMENT EQUITY