- To facilitate implementation and provide technical support to the identified Districts and Provinces on the Clinic Supervisory System in line with the stipulations of the National Health Act, National Quality Assurance Policy and the objectives of the Integrated Primary Health Care Project under TASC 2.
- To support the Cluster Manager in designing and aligning activities of the IPHCP with its strategic vision.
- Support the establishment and implementation of effective supervisory systems in selected Provinces and districts
- Contribute to project and organisational well-being.
- Appropriate degree (or equivalent) in health or social science
- A post graduate qualification in Public Health or related field would be an advantage
- Min 3 years working experience in District Health, including Public Health experience in the implementation of clinic supervision systems or quality assurance programmes
- Technically and operationally competent in implementation of the Clinic Supervisory Manual tools
- Proficient in facilitating skills, group skills and dynamics, conflict management and managing diversity
- Ability to liaise with managers at all levels of the health system
- Ability to act as mentor
- Ability to provide leadership and to manage people through participative and empowering approach
- Knowledge of PHC, DHS and priority programs such as STI/HIV, TB and MCWH
- Knowledge of health support systems such as drug management, transport management and health information systems
- Computer literacy (internet, e-mail, MsOffice programs as well as DHIS)
- Good writing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum support
- Dynamic and enthusiastic
- Hard working
- Ability to work in a team, and independently with some support
- Ability to work under pressure
- Commitment to Equity and respect for cultural diversity
- Willingness to travel
A salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications and in line with the HSTs Job Grading System will be offered to the successful candidate.
APPLICATIONS/ ENQUIRIES: A detailed CV with names and contact details of at least two referees should be sent to:
Jurie Thaver at the Durban Head Office, PO Box 808, Durban, 4000.
Fax: 031-3040775 E-mail: email@example.com
Closing date for applications : 22 April 2005
Should you not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. HST reserves the right not to make an appointment.
THE HEALTH SYSTEMS TRUST SUPPORTS EMPLOYMENT EQUITY