Location : Mpumalanga
Key Responsibility Areas:
- To provide technical support to the identified LSAs and Districts in improving VCT quality of care and uptake within facilities in the Mpumalanga Province in line with the stipulations of the national health policies and the objectives of the project.
- To work in close collaboration with district and other stakeholders to develop and institutionalise a Quality Assurance system for VCT services.
- To facilitate district and facility level VCT quality improvement teams in developing communication and monitoring strategies to improve compliance with VCT procedures and guidelines.
- To co-ordinate HIV Counselling and Testing-related activities within selected LSAs in districts in Mpumalanga and to collaborate and support technical advisors in other provinces.
- To conduct and facilitate HIV counselling and testing and on&ndashthe-job mentoring for health care providers and lay counsellors.
- To assist facilities in integrating VCT with TB, MCH, STI and other priority health services.
- To work with both the province and district in the designing and implementing VCT monitoring and evaluation activities.
- To work with provincial and district staff in scaling-up successful interventions.
- Appropriate degree (or equivalent) in health or social sciences
- A Masters Degree in Public Health and/or post graduate diploma/qualification in related fields will be an advantage.
- 3 - 5 years working experience in Public Health
- Working experience in the area of District Health System and Primary Health Care
- Experience as a facilitator in health development projects
- Experience as a facilitator at district and local level in the HIV and AIDS programme.
- Critical thinker
- Innovative and creative
- Open-minded and open to change
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills and ability to manage people
- Organisational skills
- Proficient in facilitation skills, conflict management and managing diversity
- Knowledge of PHC, DHS and priority programs such as STIs, HIV and Aids, TB and MCWH
- Interest and understanding of Sexuality and Reproductive Health issues
- Computer literate (internet, e-mail, MS Office programs)
- Good writing and communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal support
- Valid driver&rsquos license and willing to travel.
- Dynamic and enthusiastic
- Hard -working
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Commitment to Equity and respect for cultural diversity
REMUNERATION : A salary package commensurate with experience and qualifications and in line with the HST's Job Grading System will be offered to the successful candidate.
APPLICATIONS / ENQUIRIES: A detailed CV with names and contact details (preferably email addresses) of
at least three referees should be sent to the Human Resources Department at the Durban Head Office, P.O. Box 808, Durban, 4000. Fax: 031-3040775 e-mail: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 26 March 2007
Should you not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. HST reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Health Systems Trust supports the principles of Employment Equity