Our Vision, Mission, Approach and Values
“Health systems supporting health for all in southern Africa.”
To contribute to building comprehensive, effective, efficient and equitable national health systems by supporting the implementation of functional health districts in South Africa and the southern African region.
- We embrace a public health perspective with a focus on the primary health care approach.
- We do health systems development through research and information dissemination that influences both policy and practice.
- We improve quality of care in priority health programmes through facilitating supportive interventions and sharing ‘good practice’.
- We advocate for equity, efficiency and effectiveness in health services and for the empowerment of the health service users.
- We operate efficiently and effectively through utilising HST’s synergistic multi-disciplinary approach.
Our Core Values
Our work is guided by the following key values:
- Transparency and accountability
- Innovation and responsiveness
- Integrity and nurturance
- Embracing diversity
- Participatory management
- Continuous Quality Improvement