Medical Research Council
World Health Organization
Health Systems Trust
2011-2012 Education Sector HIV and AIDS: Global Progress Survey- Progression, Regression or Stagnation?UNAIDS
Integrating nutrition into health and development programmes, A training guide
The purpose of this manual is to enable a district intersectoral nutrition team to be able to:
- Come to a common understanding of nutrition concepts
- Gain an appreciation of the size and impact of the nutrition problem
- Identify the different causes of the problem
- Conduct a nutrition assessment using different data collection techniques to collect the information
- Analyse and write a report.
People using this manual do not need to have any previous academic qualifications, or any knowledge of nutrition science. The manual is targeted at personnel who are working at the district level and could have a role in combating malnutrition. This includes people from the health department, as well as other sectors such as education, agriculture, welfare, public works and water affairs.